Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Thank you to all of those who participated in last week’s Campus Framework Forum. It was a well attended event, and we look forward to ongoing discussions regarding the future of our campus’s physical presence. If you could not attend, a recording of the event is available on the Campus Framework website.
Preparations for summer construction continue, with Commencement quickly approaching. An important part of these preparations is communication. We are currently engaged with a variety of user groups and building occupants across campus that will be involved or will be affected by a proposed project. The next step will be sharing that same information across the whole campus. In the coming weeks, we will be updating our website with the most current information available regarding more than 150 projects. These projects—large and small—will be taking place across campus during the summer break.
It may only be March, but summer construction activity will begin as early as next month on the periphery of campus. The Steam Station will be getting an early start on two large utility projects in support of future usage. These projects, which will have little impact on campus, as well as improvements to Waverly Avenue, will begin after Commencement. The Waverly Avenue project, which will be executed in coordination with the City of Syracuse, will be the largest utility project on campus this summer.
Our office will focus on a handful of projects during spring break, including:
- Chilled water main repair at Heroy Geology
- Fire alarm modification at Dineen Hall
- Green Data Center temporary chiller connection
- CST emergency power upgrades
- Einhorn Family Walk utility work
Projects occurring on campus during the next month include:
- Continuation of the accessibility improvements in Flanagan Gym
- Heroy Geology Lab 019 modifications
- Huntington Hall fourth floor Psychology Department modifications
- Admissions Office improvements in Crouse Hinds Hall
- Replacement of exterior doors in Graham Hall’s lower level
- Commencement of a steam line replacement project on Irving Avenue
- Steam line replacement on the SUNY ESF campus in early April
As always, to learn more about the Campus Framework, please visit campusframework.syr.edu. There, you can provide your feedback and have your questions answered in real time.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. And if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services (EOIRS) office, at 315.443.2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer