Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Students return to campus in less than one month, and many improvements across campus will greet them upon their arrival. University staff and contractors continue to work diligently to meet the deadlines for the campus improvements. The project schedule is carefully tracked on all summer construction projects, with milestones marking our progress toward completion.
We are pleased to note that several critical milestones have been met over the last two weeks on three major projects:
- Crouse College: The installation of the glass in the skylights at Crouse College is 50 percent complete. Skylight replacement will be complete prior to the start of fall semester classes. Masonry repairs and restoration of the demi-domes will continue into the fall.
- Hendricks Chapel Stair Replacement: The final concrete pour for the steps is complete. Installation of the new limestone on the cheek walls will commence this week. The full project will be complete by the first week of October.
- Waverly Avenue Utility Project: The water main installation on Waverly Avenue, including steam, chilled water, power and data work, is roughly 80 percent completed, and Waverly Avenue is on track to open on schedule on August 18.
We greatly appreciate the patience of the campus community as we work toward another successful season of summer construction. Other significant ongoing projects include the following:
- Center for Science and Technology Roof Replacement: The roof work is 60 percent complete, and will be complete prior to the start of classes.
- Classroom Improvements: Work is underway in Link Hall rooms 373 and 331 and Center for Science and Technology room 3-116 to update room finishes and technology, and will be complete prior to the start of classes.
- Hall of Languages Classroom Renovation: The work continues to the classroom upgrades, and the infrastructure to support the new AV equipment is underway. These classrooms will be ready for the first day of class.
- Maxwell Third Floor Accessible Restroom: The construction will commence in early August, and be completed in September.
- Parking Garage Repair and Renewal: Concrete repair, restoration and sealing in all six University garages has begun, and will continue into the fall.
- Residence Halls: Work continues at a swift pace in Day Hall, DellPlain Hall and Haven Hall, and will be ready for move-in. Improvements include the creation of single-user accessible bathrooms and student room modifications.
- SU Ambulance Covered Parking Structure: The covered parking structure in the Q2 lot will be complete in early August.
To see a full listing of summer construction projects, as well as maps indicating the areas affected by the projects above, please visit the Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) website. This website is updated regularly. Please reach out to the assigned CPDC manager, who is listed on the website next to each project, with any questions you may have.
To learn more about the Campus Framework, please visit CampusFramework.syr.edu. There, you can provide your feedback and have your questions answered in real time.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. For questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services (EOIRS) office, at 315.443.2377 or email@example.com.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer