Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
With the winter weather we experienced in March it is hard to believe spring is here, and our busiest season of construction is right around the corner. The Campus Facilities team is ready to get started, and the first signs of construction will begin in the next month.
This summer we will be completing two multi-year residence hall renovations at Haven and DellPlain halls, and beginning the multi-year renovation of Day Hall. We will also be starting a multi-year classroom improvement project at the Hall of Languages, while also completing classroom and academic space improvements in the Center for Science and Technology, Link Hall, Huntington Hall and Watson Hall. In the area of building renewal, we will be replacing the roof on the Center for Science and Technology, replacing the steps at Hendricks Chapel and continuing multi-year masonry restoration at Crouse College.
A significant project on campus this summer will be the Waverly Avenue Utility Expansion and Renewal, which will occur on Waverly Avenue between South Crouse Avenue and University Place. This project will begin this month at the west end of Waverly Avenue, where the Steam Station will begin a line replacement in support of Crouse Hospital, and continue with steam, chilled water, electric and sewer work after Commencement and throughout the summer. A detailed news story on this project, along with notices with more detail, will be shared campuswide later this month.
A full listing of summer construction projects is being updated now and is listed by building on the Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) website. Please refer to this website periodically to see what is occurring across campus, and feel free to reach out to the CPDC manager assigned with any questions you may have.
Single occupancy accessible restroom signage alternatives are being completed now by our graphic designers. Our team will be seeking feedback from the campus community later this month. We are committed to inclusivity, and your feedback is critical to help determine the future of this important project.
The following is a listing of construction projects that are active now, as well as a few highlighted summer construction projects.
Projects occurring on campus during the next month include:
- Center for Science and Technology 0-214 Franck Lab reconfiguration
- Falk College 3rd and 4th floor library stacks renovation
- Newhouse 2 — Bartlett Room renovations
- Schine Student Center — 2nd floor accessible restrooms
- Sims Hall — 2nd floor improvements
- Skytop Office Building — Human Resources space improvements
Highlighted summer construction projects include:
- Brewster and Brockway stair railing replacement
- Center of Science and Technology roof replacement
- Crouse College masonry repairs and skylight replacement
- Day Hall bathroom renovations — Phase 1
- DellPlain bathroom renovations — Phase 2
- Hall of Languages classroom renovations
- Link Hall 331 and 373 and Center for Science and Technology 3-116 classroom upgrades
- Slocum Heights roof replacement
- Watson Hall auditorium improvements
As always, to learn more about the Campus Framework, please visit campusframework.syr.edu. There, you can provide your feedback and have your questions answered in real time.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. And if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services (EOIRS) office, at 315.443.2377 or email@example.com.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer