The Campus Framework is a visionary roadmap meant to guide future campus planning and development for the next 20 years.
It is a living document designed to be flexible, incremental and implemented in phases. Development of the Campus Framework building and renovation opportunities will be iterative and evolving, and may change in order to accommodate future priorities.
The Campus Framework identifies opportunities to align the Academic Strategic Plan with the physical campus environment. Some areas where the two plans intersect include:
- Providing an unparalleled student experience;
- Fostering a culture of discovery and research;
- Sustaining an inclusive and accessible campus; and
- Ensuring distinguished veterans’ programs/services
The Campus Framework Full Report and project opportunities build on the goals identified by the Campus Framework Advisory Group:
- Support Academic Excellence: Strengthen the global legacy of learning and investigation by creating 21st century academic and research environments across the University.
- Enrich all Aspects of Student Life: Foster student success through a holistic residential experience, engaging student life centers, a comprehensive academic and administrative support network, and a diverse array of health and wellness offerings.
- Create a Diverse and Vibrant Campus Setting: Continue to enrich the environment with high quality place-making, buildings, and landscapes, distinguished by design excellence and to further create a safe, welcoming, and comfortable environment.
Development of the plan components and subsequent construction and renovation of individual buildings and spaces within the plan will be executed under the leadership of the Vice President for Facilities and managed by the division of Campus, Planning, Design and Construction in partnership with the University’s Campus Facilities Advisory Board.
Consideration of individual projects will be based on the following parameters:
- Alignment of Physical Presence with Academic Priorities
- American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
- Campus Community Input
- Identification of Funding
- Urgency of Infrastructure Improvements