Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
With the winter break nearly upon us, I wanted to provide a final construction update for 2017. Our campus continues to demonstrate its charm and beauty throughout every season. With the help and dedication of our Office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction teams, we have completed more than 175 campus improvement projects this year. I am grateful for their hard work and support to maintain and renew our facilities and grounds—no matter what the weather is outside.
Campus Planning, Design and Construction teams have scheduled work that will occur through the semester break, including the following:
- Archbold Gymnasium: A $3.5 million gift from alumnus Kwang Tan G’73, Ph.D., will support significant renovations to Archbold Gymnasium, which includes the creation of the Barnes Center at The Arch, a new state-of-the-art health, wellness and recreation complex. Tan’s gift will help ensure students have access to comprehensive health, wellness and recreation services and resources for generations to come. We’ll continue to share frequent updates as we approach its fall 2019 opening.
- Huntington Hall Accessible Restrooms: We will renovate two existing restrooms on the third floor to create two single-occupant accessible restrooms. Work will be completed prior to the start of the spring semester.
- National Veterans Resource Complex (NVRC): During the next several weeks you will notice increased activity on the corner of Waverly and South Crouse avenues as the University prepares to break ground in January 2018 for the NVRC. The new facility will consolidate a robust portfolio of the nation’s premier, military- and veteran-focused educational, vocational and community engagement programs on our campus and will open in spring 2020.
- Slocum Hall: Our teams are currently installing HVAC system upgrades and enhanced finishes in the architectural reading room. All work will be completed by the start of the spring semester in January 2018. The improvements include HVAC system upgrades, modifications to improve functionality and upgraded finishes in the building.
- Women’s Building and Flanagan Gymnasium: In preparation for the Archbold renovation, we have taken extensive measures to ensure students, faculty and staff have access to equipment, classes and spaces for recreation and fitness activities. Improvements will be completed by mid-December and ready for use in January 2018.
As always, please check our website to learn more about projects in your area and find the latest information.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. And if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in EOIRS, at 315.443.2377 or email@example.com.
I hope you have a safe and happy winter semester break and look forward to seeing you on campus in 2018.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer