Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
After successfully wrapping up a large amount of work during our semester break construction window, we are excited to begin two transformational campus construction projects. Excavation and renovation work has begun on the National Veterans Resource Center and Archbold Gymnasium, respectively. These projects will help advance the University’s goals of being the best place for veterans and enhancing the student experience. Neither would be possible without the generosity of our alumni.
A summary of projects includes:
• National Veterans Resource Center (NVRC): As announced yesterday, the $20 million gift from U.S. Navy veteran and Life Trustee Daniel D’Aniello ’68 and his wife, Gayle, will support construction of the National Veterans Resource Center. During the coming weeks you will notice an increase in the construction activity near the intersection of Waverly and South Crouse avenues—progress can been seen from the construction webcam on the NVRC website. The new facility will consolidate a robust portfolio of the nation’s premier military- and veteran-focused educational, vocational and community engagement programs on our campus and will open in spring 2020.
• Archbold Gymnasium: Renovation work has commenced inside Archbold Gymnasium. A significant amount of demolition of the interior spaces has taken place in the past month and will be more visible in the coming weeks. Construction includes the creation of the Barnes Center at The Arch, a new state-of-the-art health, wellness and recreation complex. With an aggressive schedule ahead of us, the building is scheduled to open in fall 2019.
• Graham Dining Hall: Renovations to room 001 continue to create a new fitness center, which will include aerobic exercise equipment and free weights. It is expected to open in early March.
• Hall of Languages: Work is nearly complete for the two new fully accessible, single-occupant restrooms on the first floor. These new restrooms will be available in early February.
• Campus Utility Work: In mid-February underground utility work will commence in the Q-1 parking lot and the lawn area on the west side of Newhouse 3. These upgrades are necessary to modernize our campus utility infrastructure and to meet the demands of our campus. Work will continue into the summer months. Additional information about this project will be forthcoming.
We are also working at rounding out a full list of this summer’s construction activity to share with the campus community in the coming months. As always, please check our website to learn more about projects in your area and find the latest information.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. And if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in EOIRS, at 315.443.2377 or email@example.com.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer